Advertising on the club Website
Promotion of your own business on this website, via shameless posts or over-large signatures or other means, is forbidden unless you are a paid up banner advertiser on this site. The webmaster's decision as to what constitutes an infringement of this rule is final.
The club, in order to fund the costs of running its website, will allow companies or individuals to advertise on the website subject to the following conditions:
- Cost is R250 per month, or R200 per month if you pay for the year in advance (ex VAT).
- Advert displayed in top right banner of every page, randomly rotated with other advertisers
- Advert size is 200x150 pixels
- Gif animation or static JPG suitable
- The advert can click through to your website, or to a page on the BMW site if you don't have a website
On average, an ad is displayed 1000 times a day.
- Having an advert on display means you can make posts on the forum advertising your products and services without being blocked for soliciting customers.
- To keep administration down, we prefer payment annually in advance (hence the lower cost). Also, if you take the annual option I will build your advert for you free of charge.
- If you provide the artwork we can put together the advert for you. If you have any questions, please contact the webmaster.
Club Policy regarding Adverts
- the club reserves the right to accept or reject advertisements, and the right to terminate an advertisement at any time (with a pro-rata refund).
- advertisements must be in the interest of the club and its members, and in keeping with the ethics of the club. This means that adult content, gambling and items irrelevant to motorcycling are expressely rejected. Companies or individuals that give our members poor service, or behave unethically will be rejected.
- advertising space is sold annually in advance (to reduce overheads of administration).
- advertising copy, graphics and design need to complement the website design. Flashing graphics, dynamic objects like Java Applets, Active-X and Flash, and colours that ruin the appearance of the site, will not be accepted.
- a company in need of design work for their advertisement can have it designed and created by the site webmaster, on payment of a design fee.
- adverts will be placed 'above the line' on selected pages.
- adverts may be rotated with other adverts on a random basis, in proportion to the cost of the advert.
- the sale of advertising space is for the privilege of displaying the advert, and the cost is determined by the views of the page and the target audience. There is no click-through fee, pay-per-view fee, and there is no click-through tracking from the club website. The club will provide only web statistics of the number of views of a given page in a given period.
Outriders would like to advertise please.
Motorsport is inherently dangerous. As per paragraph 9 of the club constitution, the club shall not be held liable for any loss, injury or death of any member or guest, howsoever arising.
The BMW Motorcycle Club Cape cannot be held responsible or liable in any way for any actions or decisions you make as a result of the information posted on this site. Although this site is enabled and used by the BMW Motorcycle Club Cape, posts are made by members, non-members, advertisers and guests and none of it is vetted by the club before posting. This is the internet and Africa - you are responsible for yourself.