Frequently Asked Questions - Posting Articles
This article will describe how you can get a video to display in a playable box in your posting on this site.
The process is as follows:
- Create the video, and render it for web (some editors even have a 'YouTube' format option. This is what you want.)
- Upload the video to YouTube (or a similar streaming video site). You will need to open yourself a free account on the site in order to do so.
- Once the video is uploaded - or even if it is someone else's video you want to share, click the 'share' button on YouTube, and choose the 'embed' option. You will get a box with some code in it, that looks like '<iframe...'. Select the code and copy it (ctl-a, ctl-c).
- In your post on this forum, click in the post where you want the embedded video to appear. It is useful to put new lines before and after the place where you click.
- Now click the icon in the toolbar that looks like '<>'. You will get a box where you can paste the code you copied from YouTube.
- Click OK and enjoy.
To make a clickable link that will take you to another page, you have two options:
- Just put in the link as it stands, e.g. http://www.bmwmotorrad.co.za, and the system will turn it into a link, or
- If you want to make some text become a link, highlight the text with your mouse, then click the little chain link (chain link - geddit?). In the URL box of the dialog that pops up, put the web address you want to link to.
I find the link in my browser (in a separate tab or browser window), copy it (ctl-c) and then select the text I want to turn into a link, click the chain link icon, then paste (ctl-v) the URL into the URL box.
|:) :-) :smile:||Smiling|
|;) ;-) :wink:||Eye-wink|
|:( :-( :sad:||Sad|
|:D :-D :lol:||Laughing out loud|
|}:) }:-) :evil:||Evil|
|:P :-P :tongue:||Sticking out tongue|
|:O :-O :shocked:||Shocked|
|:? :-? :puzzled:||Puzzled|
|8) 8-) :cool:||Cool|
|:beer: :)B||Cheers with a beer|
|:cross: :angry: >:(||Angry frown|
|:thumbsup:||Thumbs up smile|
Please Note: All the images in this answer can be opened larger, in a new popup window, by clicking on them.
Inserting Images into a Post
At the top right of the text box where you type in the article is a little image of a camera. Put your cursor in the text box where you want the image to appear (1.), then click on the icon (2.).
You need to click the '''upload''' button to get to the image upload screen. Now you will get a pop-up window that allows you to enter a title for the image and choose a file off your PC hard drive.
The image must be on your PC so that you can find it here and upload it to the website. Also make sure it has a filesize of less than 800kB. Click 'Browse' to go and find the image.
Then click OK or 'Open' on the 'find file' window, so that it closes and the name of your image file is left in the text field next to the 'Browse...' button. You should end up with a screen that looks like this:
Confirm you have the right file (8.), and click save (9.).
You will get to the last screen where you can adjust the image title and description, and adjust the advanced display properties if you wish. The default properties are the best option in almost all cases.
All you need to do is click the 'insert' button.
- Put blank lines above and below the place where you want to put the image, before you insert the image. This makes it easier to insert text above or below the image, and prevents the case where text below the image ends up bold and centered.
- Choose your image titles and descriptions so they work as a slideshow when the user clicks on an image and then clicks the 'forward' and 'back' buttons on the enlarged images.
Motorsport is inherently dangerous. As per paragraph 9 of the club constitution, the club shall not be held liable for any loss, injury or death of any member or guest, howsoever arising.
The BMW Motorcycle Club Cape cannot be held responsible or liable in any way for any actions or decisions you make as a result of the information posted on this site. Although this site is enabled and used by the BMW Motorcycle Club Cape, posts are made by members, non-members, advertisers and guests and none of it is vetted by the club before posting. This is the internet and Africa - you are responsible for yourself.